New file browsing interface for Seagate Satellite

Following my posts on getting microperl on my seagate, i eventually sat down and did a quick and dirty script to replace the crappy interface on my seagate.

Though i did survive for a while with the default lighttpd file indexes, after a while, it gets to you as it looks really bare. I decided to make use of my new PERL capabilities and wrote something lightweight and fast suitable for my fat fingers while displaying only the information which i most often need. Mainly, the filename, the file size and date.

I also included a bread crumbs method of navigating through my files which is both, IMHO, fast and effective. My new interface looks simple like the screen shot below. The script and the CSS is also attached in this post.

New Satellite Interface

Screenshot of new interface
Screenshot of new interface